He demands power at your door step.
He demands power to the people.
He demands district Governments.
But he feels that….
Telangana people are not eligible for any of these.
He says that Formation of Telangana is an act of anti-national.
He is more danger than a regular politician.
Lok Satta – Power to the People
We believe that governance should revolve around You – the citizen.
Government at Our Doorstep
Many districts in Andhra Pradesh are bigger than nearly 100 countries in the world. There is no reason why people in a district should come to Hyderabad to get their problems solved. This negates the very notion of self-governance. In order to bring governance closer to people, every district will have a District Government with all necessary powers. All local governments will be empowered with funds, functions and functionaries. Lok Satta government will bring in an institutional revolution by ensuring a Citizen centered governance process that will establish the link between taxes and services.
1. Elected District Governments
• Lok Satta government will guarantee the establishment of a directly elected District Government for each district of the State.
• Each district will have a directly elected premier who will Head a Cabinet of District Ministers to administer the district.
• District Collector will act as the Chief Secretary to the District Government.
• District Ministers will be in-charges of various portfolios such as school education, health care, agriculture, animal husbandry, basic amenities in villages and cities, employment generation, social security for poor, civil supplies, social welfare, and other local issues. Necessary funds will be devolved to local governments.
2. Empowered Local Governments
• Lok Satta Government will guarantee the empowerment of district governments, panchayats and municipalities with full decision-making and implementation powers on subjects that fall within their purview.
• Laws will be suitably enacted / amended to empower district governments, panchayats and municipalities.
• Local governments will be responsible for providing safe drinking water, sanitation, drainage, roads, housing and implementation of various programmes, issuance of certificates and other basic amenities. Necessary funds will be devolved to local governments